- A special program to create on the PC virtual machines. Each virtual machine can contain an arbitrary set of virtual devices and a separate operating system.Scope of virtual machines is very wide - from performing the functions of software testing to create entire networks that can be easily scaled, load-balance and protect. VirtualBox is free, open source.
There are versions of VirtualBox, intended for installation on virtually all operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Macintosh and OpenSolaris.As a "guest" operating system can also be used any operating system, including Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, W7), DOS / Windows 3.x, Linux, and OpenBSD.Among the main features of the program are the following:
* VirtualBox can run as a GUI-interface or via command line.
* To expand the functions of the program, a special set of SDK.
* Parameters of virtual machines are described in XML format and does not depend on the physical computer on which the system operates. So VMs format VirtalBox easily transferred from one PC to another.
* When using the "guest" computer operating systems, Windows or Linux, you can use special tools which substantially facilitate switching between the physical and virtual computers.
* For a quick exchange of files between the guest and the physical PC, you can create so-called "shared folders" (Shared folders), which are simultaneously accessible from both of these machines.
* VirtualBox allows you to connect USB-devices to virtual machines, allowing virtual machines to work with them directly.
* VirtualBox fully supports the remote access RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol). The virtual machine can operate as a RDP-server, allowing you to manage it remotely.Extension Pack adds the following features:
The virtual USB 2.0 (EHCI) device; see the section called "USB settings".
VirtualBox Remote Desktop Protocol (VRDP) support; see the section called "Remote display (VRDP support)".
Intel PXE boot ROM with support for the E1000 network card.
Experimental support for PCI passthrough on Linux hosts; see the section called "PCI passthrough".Improvements in Virtualbox 5.0:
Support for copying files and directories between the guest and host mode drag and drop. It supports all host platforms and guest operating systems Windows, Linux and Solaris;
Ability to encrypt disk images to guarantee data protection as in the virtual machine as well as during storage. Encryption of the virtual hard disk is performed in transparent mode using the AES algorithm with 256-bit keys;
Providing guest systems, performed with the involvement of hardware virtualization mechanism, the possibility of using the extended instruction sets such as SSE 4.1, SSE4.2, AES-NI, POPCNT, RDRAND, RDSEE, XSAVE, AVX and AVX-2D;
In the virtual xHCI controller adds support for devices with interface USB 3.0. Thus, the guest systems can now work with USB 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0;
The new modular architecture of the audio subsystem, which provides a higher level of abstraction with respect to the audio backend host system. For guest systems with Linux provides various types of audio codec AC97, allowing ALSA correctly determine the bandwidth;
In the GUI adds support for screen output scaling guest system, including the use of 3D-accelerated;
New section configurator to customize the menu bar and status bar;
New tab to configure the encryption of disk images;
Supports high-resolution screen (HiDPI)
The ability to hot-plug SATA-drives and USB-storage.
Support for forwarding via the serial port TCP-socket.
Support Network NDIS6 framework in Windows;Attention!
Windows® XP / Vista / Seven / 8/10 32-64 bitLanguage:
ENG / MultiLicense: