- A great set of software tools and database resources are specifically designed to assist pastors, theologians, professors and missionaries in their interpretation of the biblical text.It contains more than 200 Bible translations in nearly 40 languages, 45 original language texts and morphology databases, 29 lexical and grammatical links and a wealth of practical guides.These include Greek and Jewish sounds, Bible maps, diagrams Greek New Testament, Greek and Hebrew grammar, new sets of images and transcriptions for the seven most important Greek New Testament manuscripts, and complete the New Testament CNTTS machine.
These resources are available to the user through a complex, yet easy to use user interface, which includes two powerful search engines and dozens of ways to organize,present and analyze the results of your research. To help the user learn the program a full set of video enabled.A small number of critical databases are available as add to the resources, but the basic package contains all that busy pastor must help him to use their study time wisely and efficiently.Like no other set of software tools, BibleWorks focus on the central task of understanding the text of Scripture. It contains everything you need and nothing that you do not need.BibleWorks distributed on DVD and will work on any PC version of OS Windows (XP or later). Mac plugin is available.
The program is remarkable because for each word allows a detailed analysis of its linguistic form, but also to search for the biblical text not only in the form of a root or words, butand pattern - grammatical Lemma. This allows the researcher to Sacred Scripture to discover all occurrences of a word in the text of Scripture (in separate books, or the entire New Testament in vetho- or section) and install it the biblical meaning of the word.
The advantage is more detailed, compared to other programs, reference dictionaries biblical vocabulary.In version 9, there are several biblical encyclopedia that is convenient to use (when you hover on the link in the Scripture citation is given in the pop-up window as the original language, and indesired translation). The program works well in different versions of MS Windows (sometimes there are problems with Hebrew letters), without any problems run into GNU / Linux emulator Wine.The main drawback of the program is its commercial nature and the relatively high price - a few hundred dollars.Features:
• Full search and analysis tools for Greek, Hebrew and LXX Version of the Bible
• 45 original language texts and morphology databases
• More than 200 versions of the Bible in about 40 languages
• New transcriptions for seven major Greek MSS
• A full set of video tutorials Interface:
Convenient vocabulary search, search for phrases, according to the forms, morphological analysis, search the verses numbers Strong, parallel versions, synopsis, compiling your own notes, printed in Greek andJewish, three user interfaces by level of difficulty, the possibility of building a grammatical and morphological search.With this program you can in a few hours to make a morphological analysis of the original text of any biblical passage. At the moment, this program is the best biblical exegetical program. It will be very useful for students and teachers of Biblical Studies and exegetes.Is it Hard to Use?
• BibleWorks comes with a highly-configurable user interface, designed to work the way you work.When you are researching a particular topic you normally progress from searching, to browsing, and, finally, to analysis of particular words.The interface is laid out in this order with minimal clutter so that your work flow is more natural and intuitive.The tabbed search interface lets you pursue several lines of investigation simultaneously, keeping multiple searches open at the same time. As you move the mouse over the Bible text, a wealth of information about the text is instantly displayed in the Analysis window beside the text.Read through the Bible ... in less than a second.
• From complex morphological searches through the original text, to simple word and phrase searches through your favorite translations, the BibleWorks search engine zips through the databases andshows you the results. Send eight grad students to their cubicles to find every occurrence of the Granville Sharp construction and you'll have to wait a week before the results are in.Ask BibleWorks to do it for you and have the results in less than a minute. No program does complex queries faster than BibleWorks; it's the fastest tool on the market.Simple Searches
• With BibleWorks, you can find it. Here are some examples of simple searches you can do with BibleWorks:
- Find all verses in which "faith" and "deed" or "deeds" appear within five verses of each other
- Find all verses containing the phrase
- Find all verses where the Greek NT uses in the imperativeGreek & Hebrew Texts and Bible Versions
• BibleWorks comes with a wealth of Greek New Testament texts, LXX texts, and the Hebrew Old Testament text. In addition to the texts, most of the Greek New Testaments, the LXX, and the Hebrew OT also have their own morphology versions, where every word is parsed and lemmatized.
• Almost all major English versions are included in BibleWorks: KJV, NIV, NKJV, ESV, NASB, NLT, ASV 1901, RSV, NRSV, NJB, NAB, NET, CSB, etc. All of these Bible versions are unlocked.BibleWorks also has major Bible versions for nearly 40 modern languages, in addition to Greek, Hebrew, and Latin.Detailed study of the original texts is now possible for those who know English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Dutch, Indonesian, Swedish, Czech, etc. In addition, you can add your own Bible versions to BibleWorks.Tons of Language Resources
• BibleWorks comes with lexicons and dictionaries for Greek (Louw-Nida, Thayer, Friberg, Liddell-Scott, etc.), And Hebrew lexicons (Holladay, unabridged BDB-Gesenius 1905, condensed Pierce-Strong's BDB-Gesenius, Whitaker's abridged BDB, the Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament, etc.), all unlocked. In addition to these, you can also purchase the separate BDAG and HALOT modules!
• It's important to keep your language skills sharp, so BibleWorks also includes several Greek and Hebrew grammars (Burton, Conybeare, Davis, Jouon-Muraoka, Wallace, Waltke & O'Connor, etc.).As you move the mouse over the text, you can quickly jump to all relevant sections in the BibleWorks collection of grammatical and lexical references.In addition, BibleWorks comes with two complete sets of Greek NT sentence diagrams (Leedy, MacDonald), Greek and Hebrew flashcards (with audio), paradigm charts, and more!Grammatical and morphological searches are a breeze!
• If you do not have much experience with computers, or your Greek and Hebrew are rusty, the BibleWorks Autocomplete Morphology feature makes it simple to build complex grammatical and morphologicalsearches. The Autocomplete Morphology feature lets you click and select any morphology from a list that automatically opens up as you start typing in a morphology.You can specify part of speech, tense, voice, mood, gender, case, number, stem, aspect, etc. The beginning user can easily construct detailed and complex language queries. (Advanced users who have mastered the codes can quickly type in queries using a terse query language.)Complex Searches
• No artificial limits will impede your study and research when you search with BibleWorks. You can search for words, groups of words, phrases, parts of speech, tenses, etc.With the second-generation search engine, you can graphically construct complex queries.Put wildcards anywhere, search for articles and prepositions, and make the search condition as complex as possible.Look for repeated words in a string, specify agreement, exclude words, all in the same query! You can limit the search to an arbitrary collection of passages or books, or search the entire Bible.There's no faster way to find these answers. Here are some examples of the more complex searches that are possible with BibleWorks:
- Find within a context of ten words all instances of a dative or accusative participle not immediately preceded by an agreeing article, and followed by an agreeing article and noun, excluding cases where a word from a specified list intervenes.
- Find all verses where the KJV uses "faith" and the Greek NT usesBreak the Language Barrier
• Overcome the barrier between you and the original language texts.With the BibleWorks Word Analysis feature, seeing and parsing the underlying Greek or Hebrew words is as simple as waving the mouse pointer.As the mouse moves over any word in a BibleWorks tagged text, the Greek or Hebrew lexicon definition for the original text is shown along with the parsing. When the mouse hovers over a word in a tagged text, a Popup Gloss window gives you a brief definition and morphology for the word.
• In addition to these helps, the Resource Summary Window automatically lists all relevant entries from the various lexicons and resources for the verse and word under the mouse.As you move over the text, the window automatically shows the opening line for all relevant entries.The following Bible versions are tagged: the Greek NT, the LXX, the Hebrew OT, the KJV, and the NAS, as well as some of the other English, German, French, Dutch, and Russian versions. Additional texts such as Josephus, Philo, and the Apostolic Fathers are tagged also.Dig Into the Greek Manuscripts
• Peek behind the translation, and check the underlying Greek manuscripts. BibleWorks comes with the complete CNTTS NT critical apparatus and the Tischendorf apparatus.In addition, the BibleWorks Manuscript Project gives complete text transcriptions and high-resolution images sets for Sinaiticus, Vaticanus, Alexandrinus, Bezae, Washingtonianus, Boernerianus, and GA1141.Write a Commentary (While Keeping Your Desk Clean)
• Get rid of all those lexicons, dictionaries, concordances, and scribbled notes that clutter up your desk when you're buried deep in textual study.In all of these windows, you can click, or just point to any word and get the information you need (concordance, lexicon, word frequencies, cross-references, etc.).You can also attach notes (with Greek and Hebrew!) To verses and have them automatically display when the verse is opened. BibleWorks works smoothly with other programs, making it simple to transfer texts to your favorite word processor.Type in Greek and Hebrew
• BibleWorks comes with TrueType and Unicode fonts for accented Greek and pointed Hebrew. The fonts can be used in Windows word processors and print beautifully.With the built-in editor, you can also take notes in English, Greek, and right-to-left Hebrew. The samples below use the BibleWorks Greek and Hebrew fonts.Arrange the Furniture
• BibleWorks accommodates users who spend significant amounts of time with the program.In response to the variety of user suggestions, window sizes, window placement, output format, abbreviations, and font sizes can all be customized. In addition, many requests for mouse and keyboard short-cuts have been put into the program. Fewer clicks save wrists!PC Requirements:
- Windows® XP / Vista / 7/8 / 8.1
- Minimum 1024x600 display
- Minimum 512 MB RAM
- 1 GB hard drive space free (15 GB for full install)
- DVD drive (or, the ability to follow these steps)
- Internet Explorer® version 7 or higher
- Internet connection for updatesAdditional Notes:
• What I meant with mutilingual in the title of the post is the ability of BibleWorks 9 translating 40+ original language texts. What's New in BibleWorks 9Graduation Year :
Included (key)Operating system :
Windows® XP | Vista | 7 | 8 & 8.1Program page:
~ 4.0 GbBibleWorks 9 v184.108.40.2062 Final (Disk 1)BibleWorks 9 v220.127.116.112 Final (Disk 2)BibleWorks 9 v18.104.22.1682 Final (Disk 3)